Configure Global settings¶
You can set all the global settings of this extension at constants.
- Step 1: Go to Template.
- Step 2: Select root page.
- Step 3: Select Constant Editor
- Step 4: Select option Plugin.TX_NSINSTAGRAM. Now, you can configure all the options which you want eg., API Configuration, jQuery, etc.
To display Instagram Feed and other details, we need to generate Access Token. There are 2 ways to generate the Access Tokens:
- 1. Instagram V1 API Access Token - This token can be generated from here: https://quadlayers.com/insta-token/
- 2. Instagram Basic Display API Access Token - This token can be generated from here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-basic-display-api/getting-started
Configure Instagram Plugin¶
First of all, Add Instagram Plugin from Create new content element > Plugins > Instagram Feed
- Select Type: There are 3 ways to display Instagram feed.
- Show Feed using Instagram V1 API: Use this option if you have Access Token generated using Instagram V1 API. You can set it at Constants.
- Show Feed using Instagram Basic Display API: Use this option if you have Access Token generated using Instagram Basic Display API. You can set it at Constants.
- Show Gallery From: You can decide if you want to display feed using username or hashtag.
- Username: Set username whose feed you want to display. If you have selected “Hashtag” in above field then this field will be replaced by Hashtag field. You can set hashtag there.
- Show Listing of : Here you can decide if you want to show Photos or IGTV videos in the feed.
- Display Biography: Check this to display Biography of user selected above.
- Display Follow button: Check this to display Follow button next to username.
- Display Website: Check this to display Website set by user on his/her profile.
- Items: Set the number of posts you want to display on Feed.
- Items per Row: Set posts to display in a single row in Feed.
- Margin: Set margin to display b/w posts in Feed.
- How to display a post on click?: You can display post either in Lightbox or open post in Instagram site when user click on post.